It (I) (2017)



In the summer of 1989, a group of bullied kids band together to destroy a shape-shifting monster, which disguises itself as a clown and preys on the children of Derry, their small Maine town. In the Town of Derry, the local kids are disappearing one by one. In a place known as 'The Barrens', a group of seven kids are united by their horrifying and strange encounters with an evil clown and their determination to kill It. Written by Emma Chapman When I heard all the talk of the new movie, It, I was nothing but excited to see what the film had in store. Unfortunately, the movie didn't quite live up to the hype. There were many amazing scenes throughout the film, with top notch music, creepy moments, and surprisingly good child actors.

I think the downfall lies in the lack of scare factor, the run time, and the mass amounts of comedy. I have no issue with comedy in a horror movie, but when the movie is over 2 hours long and 60% is comedy, I start to wonder where the scares are. I found myself laughing in scenes that were supposed to be serious due to characters trying to throw in "just one more joke" which began to wear on me.

It's a good movie and should definitely worth the watch if you were a fan of the original or just looking for a new horror flick.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Girl (2014)

Viewpoint (2021– )

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)